ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
To make this easy paratha recipe - a flatbread that makes a simple and tasty side to any Indian food - all you need is whole grain flour, water, salt and ghee
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Breakfast
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Indian
Indian Paratha Recipe
1. Melt 45 ml of the ghee.
2. Place both kinds of flour in a large bowl and make a dip in the centre.
3. Pour the sea salt, 125 ml water and the melted ghee into the dip and knead well (15 - 30 ml water may be added if necessary.) The dough should remain soft.
4. Cover the dough and let rest for approx. 1 hour.
5. Divide the dough into 6-8 pieces.
6. Roll out each piece on a floured surface to a thin circle.
7. Place the circles next to each other.
8. Melt 30 ml ghee and rub it into the dough circles.
9. Melt a little ghee in a pan and cook each paratha for 2-3 minutes.