ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy step-by-step recipe for delicate lavender shortbread biscuits perfect for tea and coffee time.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Breakfast
- Recipe yield 8
How to make lavender shortbread biscuits
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add the honey and salt and mix to combine.
- Add the flours, guar gum and lavender and work with your hands into a dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and then flatten into a disc.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 1cm|½" thickness.
- Cut the dough into 2.5cm x 7cm|1" x 3" rectangles.
- Place apart on the baking traysand prick with a fork.
- Sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool the lavender shortbreat biscuits on the baking trays for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.