ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wondering what to do for breakfast? Try the Spanish style eggs with red and chili peppers, very easy to make, just add a touch of garlic for extra flavor
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Breakfast
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Mexican
Traditional Recipe for Huevos Rancheros
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onions until soft but nor brown.
2. Add the garlic and chilli peppers, cook for 2 minutes then add the chopped bell peppers.
3. Cook for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Fry the eggs in a non-stick frying pan (skillet) and serve on top of the pepper and tomato mixture. Garnish with marjoram leaves.