ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is an easy recipe to prepare soft and yummy doughnuts, perfect for breakfast. They also make a great sweet treat for your next party!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Breakfast
- Recipe yield 8
How to prepare delicious doughnuts
- Dissolve the yeast with the sugar in the milk and then mix with the flour, egg, butter, salt and lemon zest using the dough hooks on a hand mixer and work into a semi-firm dough.
- Knead until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Cover and leave in a warm place to rise until it has doubled in size (approx. 45 minutes).
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface, halve it, shape into rolls and break into equal pieces.
- Shape these into 15-20 balls and leave to rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Place the dough balls in hot fat approx. 180°C and fry for around 1-2 minutes until one side is brown.
- Then turn and fry on the other side.
- Remove the doughnuts with a draining spoon, pat dry on kitchen paper and leave to cool slightly.
- Fill the jam into a piping bag with a long thin nozzle and inject into the doughnuts.
- Dust the doughnuts with icing sugar.