ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare these soft buttermilk rolls, to decorate wth poppy seeds, sesame or linseeds.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Breakfast
- Recipe yield 4
How to make buttermilk rolls with seeds
- Mix together the buttermilk, water and oil.
- Put the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour in the liquid and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes.
- Knead lightly and shape into 12 rolls.
- Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cover as before and leave in a warm place to rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6.
- Brush the rolls with water and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Tap the bases gently underneath – they should sound hollow.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.