For the tarama
- Put the coarse salt with the sardine eggs and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rince the eggs with clear water.
- Put the sardines, eggs and the liquid cream in a sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat, for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Add the raw cream and the sardine oil.
For the sardine oil
- Put the bones with the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Put into the oven at 180°C for 15min.
- Pass though a sieve, and keep only the oil.
For the lemon jelly
- Squeeze the lemons and retrieve the juice.
- Add the Xanthan to obtain the jelly texture.
For the dried sardines
- Remove the sardine fillets and put them in a dryer at 50°C for 72h.
- For the raw asparagus
- Slice the asparagus into pieces, slightly bevelled.
- Season with salt and sardine oil.
For the ground ivy oil
- Let the oil heat up to 60°C.
- Put the ground ivy in the mixer bowl.
- When oil is at 60°C, add the oil into the mixer bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute Strain in a sieve, with Tork paper for 3 hours.
For the asparagus juice
- Slice the asparagus thinly and put the in the juicer.
- Strain the juice.
For the asparagus sauce
- Mix together the lemon juice, asparagus juice and the ground ivy oil.
- Let set with the xanthan.
For the fish fumet
- Cook the bones with the onions and the shallots.
- Add water to cover the ingredients.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pass through a sieve.
For the sardine stock
- Cook together the sardines, shrimp and shallots.
- Add the fish fumet, colatura and soy sauce.
- ook over low heat for 1h30.
For the rosted green asparagus
Cook the asparagus with the olive oil in a pan, cover and place in the oven for 12min at 180°C.
For the fish stock jelly
- Put gelatine sheets in cold water
- Add the agar-‐agar in the stock, bring the water to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the gelatine, add into the stock.
- Put into a tray, creating a 1 to 2 mm layer of jelly.
- Once set, cut the jelly as long as desired, wrap around the asparagus.
For the sardines purée
- Fillet the sardines.
- Smoke the sardines with the beech wood chips for 20min.
- Place the fumet, the anchovies and the smoked sardines in a mixer bowl.
- Mix until it is a smooth purée.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Place the purée in a bottle for the presentation.
For the ground ivy leaves
- Take 10g of ground ivy leaves, fry them in the oil heated at 160°C.
- Take the rest of the leaves, and gently cook them in some olive oil.
For the asparagus jelly
- Take some asparagus juice, and let boil.
- Add gelatine.
- Add the rest of the juice and season to taste.
- Pour the jelly in the presentation bowl.
For the raw sardines
- Remove all bones from the sardine filets.
- Slice the sardines crosswise.
- Season the sardines with the olive oil, salt, lemon zest, asparagus powder and ground pepper.
Once the jelly has set, brush the top of the jelly with some sardine oil. Lay the seasoned sardines slices on top of the jelly.
Spread the tarama on the dried sardines. Put the sliced and seasoned asparagus on the sardine. Put a dot of lemon jelly and lay a ground ivy flower on the lemon jelly dot.
Put the asparagus with the sardine jelly in a plate. Put the sardine purée in dots on the plate. Add the cooked and fried ground ivy leaves, as well as some asparagus pistils. Put some asparagus sauce in a small pitcher for the presentation Pour the sauce when ready to eat.