ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
- Lime juice 2-3 tsp
- Crème fraîche 2 tbsp
- Horseradish 1-2 tsp
- Smoked trout fillets 200 g, deboned, 8 small pieces set aside to garnish, remainder chopped
- Spring onions (scallions) 2
- Capers 1-2 tbsp
- Cucumber 50 g, peeled, halved, seeds removed flesh diced
- Handful chives 1/2 some stems set aside to garnish, remainder chopped
- Black bread 8 slices, cut into rounds
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
- Mix together the lime juice, crème fraîche and horseradish and season with salt, a pinch of sugar and ground white pepper. Stir in the fish, spring onions, capers, cucumber and chopped chives and season to taste.
- Place the bread on plates and place a metal ring around each slice. Fill the ring with the fish mixture and press down firmly within the ring. Carefully remove the rings and garnish with the trout and the chive stems.