ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Are you looking for a unique snack? Try these sourdough crumpets with cured and turf smoked trout prepared by chef Froyedenlund at Food on the Edge 2019 launch!
For dill vinagrette
For sourdough crumpets
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 1
How to Cure and turf smoke the trout
- Blitz the toasted spices, mix all the ingredients together.
- Cure the trout for 6 hours.
- Wash, dry, smoke over the turf for a few minutes.
- Cut the trout into equal dice and season with dill vinaigrette (recipe below) and chopped chives.
How to prepare dill vinagrette
- Blitz cold vinegar and dill together in the thermomix for 2 minutes.
- Vac Pack then infuse for 2 weeks.
- Freeze after the 2 weeks, then ice filter through muslin.
How to prepare Sourdough Crumpets
- Mix everything but the soda water together and let sit in fridge overnight to slowly prove.
- Remove from fridge 3-4 hours before needed to let rise.
- Add the soda water, mix well and pour into a large squeezy bottle with a nozzle.
- Using small ring moulds, lay out on the plancha set to 180°C.
- Pour a splash of vegetable oil into the moulds, followed by the crumpet batter filling to 1⁄4 full.
- Cook in the mould until the top has started to set.
- Finish by removing from the mould and cooking on the other side.