ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try this delicious Indian vegetarian samosas recipe - it's easier than you think!
For the Pastry
For the Filling:
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Indian
For the pastry:
- Mix together the flour, ghee, salt and water in a mixing bowl. Knead to a smooth dough. Cover and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
For the filling:
- Blanch the broccoli and beans in salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and cook the cumin seeds for 1 minute, then add the ginger and ground spices and stir well.
- Add the onions and cook gently for 4 minutes, then add the blanched vegetables and peas and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and leave to cool.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions. Oil a large, wooden board roll out each ball to a rectangle 20 x 10 cm/8" x 4". Cut in half to form 2 squares.
- Divide the filling between the dough squares and fold each wrapper diagonally in half to form a triangle. Press the edges down firmly, brushing with a small amount of water to help seal the edges.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the samosas a few at a time, in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Drain on kitchen towels.