ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A wholesome soup with prawns and fennel, this chowder is a great everyday meal for the family, perfect to be served for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 2
How to make a delicious prawn and fennel chowder
- Wash the fennel bulbs and cut away the stalks and roots.
- Quarter the bulbs, cut out the hard core and cut the rest into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and cook in the vegetable stock for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and sweat the shallots and fennel, stirring, until translucent.
- Then add the garlic.
- Stir in the fish stock, put a lid on the pan and cook for about 20 minutes, until the fennel is tender.
- Put 1/3 of the soup into a liquidiser and liquidise to a very fine puree.
- Then return to the rest of the soup.
- Add the sweet potato and the stock it was cooked in. Stir in the cream.
- Add the prawns and cook the soup gently without a lid for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a few drops of Pernod to taste and serve the prawn and fennel chowder in small bowls.