ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Stale bread gets a tasty makeover in this classic Italian salad. Yesterday’s bread is mixed with tomatoes, onions, cucumber and plenty of olive oil.
- Preparation time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Italian
How to make Italian panzanella
- Soften the bread in cold water with a pinch of salt. When it is completely wet through, wring it out and place in a salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, cucumber, torn basil leaves and lemon zest to the bread.
- Drizzle with plenty of olive oil, season with salt and ground black pepper and store in the fridge.
- Before serving the panzanella add the vinegar and the olives and mix well.