ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to make delicious crêpes with this easy step-by-step vegetarian recipe for herb crêpes with mushrooms and spinach filling.
For the crêpes
For the filling
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
How to make herb Crêpes with Mushrooms and Spinach
For the herb crêpes
- Blend together the flour, eggs, milk, salt, butter, and the herbs in a food processor until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into a jug and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a non-stick frying or crêpe pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add a small ladle of batter to the pan and tilt with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden underneath and then flip and cook for a further minute or so.
- Remove to a plate and repeat the process using a little more oil for each pancake; keep cooked pancakes loosely covered with aluminium foil to keep warm.
For the mushrooms and spinach filling
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and a generous pinch of salt, sautéing until the mushrooms are tender and starting to colour, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, cover the pan with a lid, and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes; stir from time to time.
- Stir in the crème fraîche, letting it melt into the vegetables.
- Let the sauce simmer gently for 2 minutes before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each herb crêpe with some of the filling, folding the top and bottom sides of the crêpe over it to enclose.
- Serve on platters with some chives as a garnish, if desired.