ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Have a hankering for a traditional Japanese miso soup with tofu and cucumber? Now you can make it at home with this simple and delicious recipe!
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Scallion 1 bunch, cut into rings
- Root ginger 2 tsp, fresh, grated
- Cucumber 1 large, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Vegetable stock 1 l
- Miso paste 4 tbsp, light
- Soy sauce 3 - 4 tbsp, light
- Tofu 300 g, diced
- Coriander 3 - 4 tbsp, leaves, finely chopped
- Cayenne pepper
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Japanese
To prepare the cucumber soup with miso start heating the oil and fry the garlic, spring onions and ginger.
Add the cucumber then add the stock, miso paste and soy sauce.
Simmer for approx. 4–5 minutes.
Add the tofu and the coriander and season with cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
Re-heat, pour into bowls and serve the vegan cucumber soup with miso.