ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
The classic corn fritters with a twist. Discover the recipe for corn fritters Indonesian style, also called Perkedel Jagung, prepared with corn and spices!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
How To Make Indonesian Corn Fritters
1. Cut the corn kernels away from the core of the cobs using a sharp knife.
2. Reserve about 1 cup of the kernels and place the remainder in a food processor with the garlic, onion, scallions, chile, eggs, and flour.
3. Blend to make a coarse paste and transfer it to a bowl.
4. Stir the reserved corn kernels into the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or deep skillet until smoking then drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with cilantro leaves.