ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Follow the right steps to prepare in your kitchen this tasteful recipe that chef Aidan McGee cooked at Food on the Edge 2019 launch. It's easier than you think!
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 1
How to prepare Braised irish Beef Scrumpet
- Brine and desalinate the beef for 12 hours respectively.
- Colour off the blades in the paco oil.
- Allow to cool.
- Vac pack all the ingredients together.
- Cook at 70°C for 24 hours.
- When cooked, allow the meat to rest. Don’t open the bag!
- When rested for 1 hour, press lightly.
- Place in the fridge & leave overnight. Now the blades are ready to be trimmed and vac packed down if not required immediately.
- Cut the prepared beef blades into squares.
- Pané in seasoned flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden and hot in the centre.
- Serve with grated horseradish folded into some whipped cream and grated aged parmesan on top.