ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Are you looking for a tasty gourmet snack? Try this Black Pudding Wrapped in Ballymakenny Spuds that chef Anna Haugh cooked for the Food on the Edge 2019 launch
For the potato spaghetti
For the black pudding mix
For Apple Purée
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
How to Cook Potato Spaghetti
- In a pot of boiling water blanch the potato spaghetti for 5 seconds and plunge into iced water.
- Strain and dress with vegetable oil and rest while you make the rest of the dish.
How to cook Apple Purée
- Cook Apple in butter and cream and purée until smooth.
- How to prepare the black pudding mix
- Put the chicken breast into food processor with a pinch of salt and blend until it is a purée, add egg white and blend for 5 seconds.
- Take out and beat in a bowl, slowly pouring in your cream.
- Crumble your black pudding then make a paste by rubbing the black pudding into the bowl with a spatula, add double cream.
- Put into a piping bag.
- Melt clarified butter and brush one sheet of filo pastry and place the other sheet on top cut into 4 brush each individual square with clarified butter and pipe the black pudding mix and roll the pastry around it.
- Put in fridge and repeat with the rest of your mix.
How to serve Black pudding wrapped in Ballymakenny Spuds
- When the rolls are chilled take them out one at a time and wrap in the potato spaghetti.
- When you are ready to serve, cook at 170°C for 4 minutes serve with thinly sliced and apple purée.