For the first time in its eight-year history, the annual Barilla Pasta World Championship will this year take place outside of Italy! On 10 and 11 October Italy's most iconic dish will be celebrated in Paris as part of Barilla France's 50th Anniversary on the theme "The Art of Pasta".
Pavillon Cambon will come alive with a fusion of food, art, music, competition and live cooking enticing foodies and art lovers to live the "Art of Pasta."
Two special hosts will be in town for the occasion, the Master of Ceremony, Stéphane Rotenberg, a
famous French TV culinary presenter and Lorenzo Cogo, the Michelin starred Italian Chef from “EL Coq Restaurant”, in Vicenza will be Master of Gastronomy.
The 2019 Barilla Pasta World Championship
Fourteen professional young chefs (aged 35 or under) from 14 different countries will face off in the kitchen during three challenges: TheMasterpiece, The White canvas, and The Grand Finale.
A jury of five famous faces will have the difficult task of assessing the dishes of the 14 talented chefs on the theme “The Art of Pasta” and naming the new pasta master!
- Chef Davide Oldani, from D'O restaurant in Milan known for his "pop" cuisine.
- Chef Simone Zanoni from Le George restaurant in Paris.
- Chef Amandine Chaignot, who was until recently Executive Chef at the Rosewood London hotel.
- Ashley Alexander - The Australian food photographer and content creator.
- Paola Navone, a distinguished Italian architect and designer, will stress the lifestyle perspective of the competition.
Who will lift the crown from the Reigning Champion, American Chef Carolina Diaz, first ever-female Chef crowned Master of Pasta, with her revisitation of the Italian classic "spaghetti al pomodoro".
Tune in to Finedininglovers.com to find out!