ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
La Liste, a new selection of the 1000 most remarkable restaurants in the world, has just been published with Restaurant de l’Hôtel de Ville in Crissier, Switzerland, coming out on top.
We already brought you news of the list which is a part of a project by the French Foreign Ministry to collate the world’s best restaurant using the results of 200 different guides, from Michelin to The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, Tripadvisor to Zagat - even comments from restaurant review sites.
Using an algorithm developed by the computer expert Antoine Ribaut, the producers say they were able to analyse all sorts of data about a restaurants quality of food, ambience, wine, spirits and service.
Here’s more details on how La Liste say they compiled the list:
• Firstly, we listed, harmonized and compiled the scores awarded to several thousand restaurants by almost 200 guidebooks and online review sites.
• Scores relating to the wine list, service and decor were also included.
• We then asked a panel of around 150,000 restaurant owners to rate the reliability of the different guidebooks.
• The results of that survey, carried out under professional supervision, determined the relative weighting of each guidebook in each restaurant’s overall score.
• Finally, actual comments from interactive websites were included, which accounted for 25% of the overall score.
Compiling a list of a 1000 restaurants is a huge undertaking but it just give an interesting snap shot of world dining according to guide scores. For example Japan had the highest number of restaurants on the list with 126 overall, Russian on the other end of the scale had just one. France, the U.S. and Chine also scored highly.
Below you can see the the top 100 restaurants on La Liste - click here to see the all 1000 restaurants.