ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A small pub in Yorkshire in the north of England has been rated as the best restaurant in the world by users of Trip Advisor.
The Black Swan in Oldstead, which is run by the Banks family, with son Tommy in the kitchen, beat big name restaurants such as The Fat Duck, Daniel and El Celler de Can Roca to the Trip Advisor Travellers Choice award, which is based on millions of customer reviews across a 12 month period.
The Banks family bought the struggling village pub on the edges of the Yorkshire Moors in 2006 and serve a seasonal tasting menu, with much of the produce coming from the pub’s gardens. It currently holds a Michelin star and four AA Rosettes, while Tommy Banks has appeared on the Great British Menu in the UK.
It’s the first time a UK restaurant has won the award, with Martin Berasategui’s eponymous three Michelin star restaurant in Lasarte-Oria, Spain claiming it for the last two years running.
Check out the top 10 below.
All images: The Black Swan
Top 10 Restaurants in the World (Trip Advisor)
1. The Black Swan at Oldstead, Oldstead, UK
2. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, New Milton, UK
3. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
4. L’Auberge de l’Ill, Illhaeusern, France
5. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
6. Daniel, New York City, United States
7. La Colombe, Constantia, South Africa
8. David’s Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand
9. Maido, Lima, Peru
10. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain