ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
The Le Chef compilation of the 100 best chefs in the world for 2019 has been released with chef Arnaud Donckele from the La Vague d'Or restaurant in Saint-Tropez named the best chef in the world (click here to see 18 dishes from chef Donckele's menu).
Staying in France, chef Michel Troisgros was named second on the list, while Jonnie Boer from The Netherlands was third.
Five of the top 10 on the worlds best chefs list were from France, with Yannick Alléno, Alexandre Couillon and Emmanuel Renaut all taking top positions. Chef Rene Redzepi once again featured in the top of the list in position 10.
Previous lists have come under criticism for being largely biased in favour of French cuisine and French chefs. The 2017 list has 35 of the 100 chefs from France, for 2018 that number hit 41.
The Le Chef list is compiled by asking two and three-starred Michelin chefs to provide a list of five names they think best represent the cooking profession and one name they would like to see at the top of the list.
1. Arnaud Donckele – Residence De La Pinede (Saint Tropez, France)
2. Michel Troisgros – Maison Troisgros Restaurant (Ouches, France)
3. Jonnie Boer - De Librije (Netherlands)
4. Yannick Alleno - Alleno Paris (Paris, France)
5. Seiji Yamamoto – Nihonryori Ryugin (Tokyo, Japan)
6. Paul Pairet - Ultraviolet (China)
7. Emmanuel Renaut – Flocons De Sel (Megève, France)
8. David Kinch - Manresa (California, United States)
9. Alexandre Couillon - La Marine (France)
10.Rene Redzepi - Noma (Copenhagen, Denmark)