ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
If you love Spanish gazpacho it's time you met its fruiter cousin: the watermelon gazpacho. It is the perfect antidote to hot summer days and an easy recipe to put together for feeding a crowd.
Below we will share our favorite watermelon gazpacho recipe but here are some tips to help you make an elegant gazpacho:
- Use a melon scoop to obtain small orbs of watermelon.
- Watermelon gazpacho may be served chunky or pureed, it's up to you.
- Chill the ingredients so the flavors marry. Don't skip this step!
- Garnish with fresh herbs, a sprinkle of chili powder or even a drop of oil.
- Herbs like mint, basil and lemon balm are great additions to watermelon gazpacho.
- Serve in chilled bowls to enjoy a proper gazpacho experience.
This heavenly watermelon gazpacho recipe doesn't contain any tomato. Instead, it pairs cool sweet watermelon with white wine, cucumber, yellow bell peppers and a hint of chili powder. It is laced with fresh basil and just enough red onion to add a bit of sharpness.
The ingredients are combined with vegetable stock and chilled for an hour. It's that easy!
For exact proportion of ingredients check out the full recipe here.