ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Legendary Japanese chef Nobu Matsuhisa, who has 47 restaurants and six hotels to his name, is here to show you how to eat sushi correctly.
Sushi eating has a host of traditions and customs associated with it, but in the video below from Business Insider, Matsuhisa lays out the basics every sushi lover should be mindful of when tucking into their nigiri, sashimi or rolls.
Want to go deeper? Check out this 12-step-guide to how to eat sushi from sushi master Jiro Ono, and further down, an infographic detailing 21 next level sushi pieces – how many have you tried?
How to Eat Sushi: 5 Golden Rules from Nobu Matsuhisa
– No need for extra wasabi, the wasabi should be inside already, between the rice and the fish.
– Dip the fish in the soy sauce, not the rice. Otherwise, the rice will collapse.
– Use the ginger as a palette cleanser when changing fish.
– Eat with chopsticks or your hands, whatever you prefer.
– Every piece should be eaten in one bite.
Different kinds of sushi