ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Cooking corned beef in a crock pot is a great way to get dinner on the table effortlessly. It's basically a hands-free process once you prep the ingredients and you'll love the flavor of meat that has slowly cooked for hours. The result? Tender, melt-in-your-mouth meat you just can't get enough of.
So how to cook corned beef in a crock pot? The most important thing to keep in mind is your choice of meat. Look for a corned beef brisket that comes with a packet of pickling spice. This will give you that nice pink meat and the traditional tangy flavor. Also keep in mind you'll need a crock pot with 6-qt capacity.
How To Cook Corned Beef in a Crock Pot: Recipe
1 3-4 lbs corned beef brisket (with pickling spice mix included)
1 large quarted onion
5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
1 lb of carrots, sliced at an angle
1 lb of potatoes, chopped into chunks
1 small head of cabbage, quartered (optional)
1 bay leaf
1 sprig of thyme
1 cup of water
2 cups of broth
1. Place the onion and celery at the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Put the corned beef brisket in the crockpot and rub with pickling spice mix.
3. Top with the garlic cloves, bay leave, thyme, water, and broth.
4. Cook on low for six hours. Add the carrots, potatoes and cabbage (if using).
5. Cook on low for another 3 hours.
6. Pull out the meat and slice or shred. Serve with the vegetables.