ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
The tenth edition of S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino calls for a big celebration. That's why the Swiss canton of Ticino will come to life with a parade of Michelin stars shining bright in more than 20 events taking place between April 4th and June 19th.
The stars of the prestigious food festival are 10 international chefs, all with three Michelin stars, who will participate in as many dinners across some of the most coveted locations in the canton of Ticino, from Lugano and Ascona up to Vacallo.
Among the starred Michelin chefs you’ll find four Italian greats: Massimo Bottura (Osteria Francescana) who returns for the second time at the event; Niko Romito (Royal); Annie Feolde (Enoteca Pinchiorri) and the Cerea Brothers (Da Vittorio).
The other six stellar chefs come from across Europe: Thomas Bühner (Vie, Germany); Pascal Barbot (L'Astrance, France); Peter Knogl (Restaurant Cheval Blanc, Switzerland); Christian Bau (Victor's Fine Dining, Germany); Jonnie Boer (De Librije, Netherlands); Eric Pras (Maison Lameloise, France); Peter Knogl (Restaurant Cheval Blanc, Switzerland); Christian Bau (Victor's Fine Dining, Germany); Jonnie Boer (De Librije, Paesi Bassi); Eric Pras (Maison Lameloise, France).
As usual, nine other events will round out the calendar of S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino 2016:
- May 18 For the second consecutive year, there be an evening dedicated to young people thanks to S.Pellegrino Young Chef, the global talent scouting event for young chefs under 30. Chef Luca Orini, from Seven the Restaurant in Lugano, will host the young Irishman Mark Moriarty, winner of the 2015 edition of S.Pellegrino Young Chef, along with Martin Elschnerr (Swiss winner), Paolo Griffa (Italian winner) and Francesco Sangalli (best dessert of the Swiss final).
- May 21 will be an evening entirely devoted to chef Norbert Niederkofler (Rosa Alpina Hotel & Spa) and his project Care’s.
- May 22 will have the special Déjeuner au Château at Tenuta di Morcote Castle: a fish-based lunch prepared by chefs from the association Le Soste: Philippe Léveillé (Miramonti other things, Concesio); Emanuele Scarello (Agli Amici dal 1887 Udine); Alfio Ghezzi (Locanda Marcon, Trento); Errico Recanati (Andreina, Loreto)
- May 17 and June 13 will be dedicated to women. Ristorante Metamorphosis in Lugano will host chefs Luisa Valazza (Ristorante Al Sorriso, Soriso) and Anna Matscher (Zum Löwen, Tesimo) who will prepare dishes exclusively for a female public.
- For young people, the tradition of lounge evenings continues. These fun and affordable dinners will be prepared by the sous chefs at three locations: Al Lido in Lugano May 25, the Blue Restaurant & Lounge in Locarno June 2 and at Seven Lugano - The Lounge on June 16.
- Last but not least on the agenda is an interesting appointment with farmers. On June 12 there will be a hike dedicated to local food and products. The event is sponsored by the Corriere del Ticino in collaboration with TIOR and farmers of the Magadino Plain. The aim is to combine terroir with the inspiration of chefs, all under the guidance of Lorenzo Albrici.
S.Pellegrino, an active partner of Sapori Ticino, will pay tribute to its historic partnership with the Swiss event with the launch of a limited edition bottle.
What S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino
When from April 4 to June 19, 2016
Where Ticino, Switzerland