ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
One of the biggest food festival's in northern Europe is set to come to Copenhagen this August from the 21st to 30th. During the exciting ten-day celebration of food, the city will showcase the very best it has to offer in gastronomy as Copenhagen Cooking 2015 expects to welcome over 100,000 visitors.
Sustainability is one of this year's themes, which is fitting in light of the Danish government's recent commitments for Denmark to become 100% organic. Local produce will also be championed throughout the event.
Togetherness is the second theme, encouraging people to eat together at social dining experiences in long table banqueting. A variety of themed street dinners will be held throughout the ten days in various locations.
Over 130 various events are scheduled in total, here's what to expect:
- Michelin starred restaurant Relae will celebrate it's fifth birthday with a feast in a park during the first weekend - guest chefs will include head chef of Restaurant Noma, Rene Redzepi, third in this year's list of 50 best restaurants in the world, alongside Chad Robinson, Rosio Sanchez and others.
- Taste of Copenhagen - various restaurants and bars around the city will create special tasting menus including Michelin starred Kokkeriet celebrating togetherness and sustainability.
- Workshops - including a free masterclass on fermentation techniques with Mathias Skovmand-Larsen and Christopher Melin from Restaurant Relae.
- Cooking school, with a wide variety of cooking classes from Nordic cooking to sausage making, also in English.
- Taste of Emotions - a number of unique events, including, Feast at Midnight, combining food and emotions with food, wine and art.
Book your tickets now if you don't want to miss out on these unique events in one of the world's leading culinary destinations.
What Copenhagen Cooking 2015
When 21st to 30th August
Where Copenhagen, Denmark
Web Copenhagen Cooking 2015